Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Monday, July 07, 2008

Trapped at Border's

I look like $#!t today, which is because I feel like it. Struggling to stay awake.... my supervisor is taking leave today.... Babygirl saw me like this..... I just want today to be over.... but I'd settle for a nap.

While drinking OJ and Sprite (the OJ because it's early, the Sprite for my stomach) I had to burp. I got that feeling that I was going to throw up and began the struggle to keep it in. I broke out in a cold sweat and had that ridiculous look on my face where you instantly say "Holy $#!t, does anyone see that guy's face?! He's gonna f*ckin' hurl!" Pray for me

So let's take a trip through a few of my favorite weekend moments, shall we. On Thursday night we had a bit of a misadventure, first stop was Border's. Our friend Josh called and told us that he had a DVD that doesn't come out until tomorrow, so we asked where he got it so early. Thus, Nelson, Kevin and I were off to Border's... and Chipotle. When we got to Border's we could not see any sign of this movie. We did get stopped by a stranger though. He knew our old high school, even the year we graduated. He says he graduated with us.... this man looked 49 f*ckin' years old. Plus, I was pretty popular back in high school and the fact that he looked unfamiliar worried me. But if you say so man, so we introduced ourselves. We never got a name, instead we got a story about how he just found out that his fiance was cheating on him. Apparently he had one of those conversations with the "other" guy.... it didn't sound like it went well. I was focused on not laughing the entire time. I'll be sure to point out where I failed and laughed, hysterically, in his face. So then he went on about his DUIs, apparently he's got about 4 or 5 of them and dropped thousands (seriously made me think twice about driving with beer in the car) on lawyers for his cases. As a matter of fact, he had a DUI pending as of Thursday night. Oh, he had seen some $#!t. A couple of reckless driving tickets too, so needless to say he was waiting for his ride. He lived at home with his parents, he was pretty embarrassed about that. I believe right around there is where I lost it for the first time. I pulled it together though when he turned to say something to Nelson. Nelson gave me " An eye", I don't think he could believe this was happening... to that guy's life or to us. He hated his job and said that basically he was forced to work for chicken scratch. I noticed Kevin standing in the distance behind the guy, I knew if I turned and looked I would lose it so instead I look at Nelson.... not the right choice either. Did I mention I was "lifted" at the time? He went back to talking about his fiance, in a tone far too loud, and then I got a text message. It was a female that I'd been texting back and forth, a friend of mine, and I cut him off. I told him that I was hung up on how my ex just up and left me but in the end it was for the best. I pulled up the message and showed him, "Oh look it's another woman that probably wants to bang!" Nelson says "Oh my God" when he said that he sounded like he was laughing a little and I laughed like a fat guy was tickling me. I put out my hand for a high five and the mystery guy gave it some skin, even though he was not laughing. Nelson was bent over with laughter too. I don't believe I laughed in his face anymore but at a certain point you have to laugh when life is really taking a $#!t on you. When we got home we immediately searched through our senior year book for the mystery man. Nothing really looked like him, but we narrowed it down to a few suspects. Here's to hoping he doesn't commit suicide over all the bad ju-ju. It's weird to feel such pity and at the same time, joy. He made me that mucher happier about myself.

I swear I've written all of this while sleep typing at my desk.

Is it gay that I got as excited as a school girl when I received a message from Vince Morris? If not, it's definitely gay that I put a mask on my dog and glued a mic in one of his paws...

Jermaine sounds like he's having a ball up there. Here's to hoping his first mugging is a non-violent one....

I've purchased my tickets for The Dark Knight in IMAX, it's a shame I have to see it with a guy. For some reason women don't think this movie is important enough to take off the day for.

Richmond tomorrow!!!! The song "I've got the POWER" just ran through my head. God, I'm getting old cause that song used to make it's way into every movie at just the right time in the 90's.

Don't forget Spy Lounge and Chief Ike's tonight!!!! use them both, you never how long we'll have two open mics with walking distance of each other.

I look like the black version of Shaggy today, I have a "bumstache"... I'm gonna grab more zzz's at my desk.

Laters

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Head was an amazing cartoon on Mtv and so was its counterpart The Maxx.

Unknown said...

someone remembers!!!! I almost went with the pic of The Maxx but thought The Head was a little easier to recognize. Woo Hoo!!!

SPE said...

I was a huge fan of the head. Didn't mean to anon, as I thought Google had signed me in. Silly me.

That was during the age of Liquid Television which brought us the original shorts of Aeon Flux. It was all so good.

Unknown said...

We're gettin' old, soon all of my Balki references (Perfect Stangers, c'mon!) will be outdated. Til then Cousin Larry, til then.

SPE said...

Very true. Only a few more years and it will be cool/retro again.

See you at Spy Lounge. Thanks for all the Dark Knight updates/reviews.

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List

Blog Archive