Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Congratulations Everybody

I would like to congratulate everyone who made it into the DC ComedyFest 06'. Lots of local comedy there and I love this community so of course I will be openly supportive.
Now then, for those 3 fans that I have. I, on the other hand did not make it in. FUCK. I will not make excuses because I'll tell you the truth, I'm an arogant asshole. For real. The tape I submitted and myself just weren't funny enough to stand out. I can understand that. (damn) But a couple of the names on that list...(no, just move on, let's not make any enemies.) And the thing that really pisses me off was that I called and called because I didn't want to find out the way that I did. Wake up and go the computer just for my usual geeky morning comic feed, and go to the dccf's website. I see that they've put the list of acts up there and wonder might I be on the list. And with my girlfriend over my shoulder watching my face turns to pure concrete as I read the names of all the familiar cool comics in the area. The pause when I get to the bottom. I wonder is there a page 2, no, just sadness. I excuse myself to a shit that I can only describe as awesome, and once I flush I have let my anger go. Let me clarify, whether or not you think I'm funny I have a great amount of confidence in myself and felt I was funny enough to make it in. I was very angry with myself because when I made the tape I felt it was the best that I could do. I feel that way every week til I make a new tape and then the old one isn't funny to me anymore. So once the deadline closed I just sat back and wondered if it would be okay. Apparently not. After this blog I don't even think I want to talk about the DCCF. I gotta tell you that I had my hopes up a lot. A Lot.
However, I notice that the same names are always clustered. I'm sure every other comedian has noticed that too. It's gonna be weird gettin used to that. If anyone feels like answering this question please do. Is there always a new "cool gang" every few years, or should I start kissing the rings of (what I will call) the click. Make no mistake, I have seen a lot of those guys on stage and acknowledge that almost everyone I saw made me laugh. I'm not putting down that click, I just see that every show has the same 10 people plus random comic and it seemed strange. I hope that there is a new gang every fews years or so. Maybe I can be in one. Because it might make me look bad, but if you ever see me at an open mic, probably even a show, notice that I'm the geek in the corner who's afraid to talk to anyone. There are a few reasons for that. First, I'll just come out and say that with the exception of a few people like Jimmy Meritt and Erin Jackson, I don't think too many people seem approachable. And to be honest; since I have been reading comedians blogs, I don't ever want to read someone's blog and see my name with anything negative. So I just shut up. But, I realize that will get me nowhere. Where am I going if I can't network in my own community. So please, if you see me on the comedy scene, SAY HELLO! I think I 'm a nice guy maybe you will too. (Fuck) Sorry, that's just me still bitter about the fest. I'm bitter as shit right now. My girlfriend tried to put a spin on it and I cut her off from the word GO. I've never been the type of person to buy into that stuff. I'm a realist, and I wasn't good enough this time around. But, I guarentee something like this won't happen again. I will put together a tape so funny it will be illegal and there will be no doubt in my mind IF I'm going to make it into another festival. Most importantly though, know that while I am bitter, angry, whining, sulking, and black, I can take rejection just as well as the next man. Well I think I got it out of my system now. Have a good day.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List