Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

And so it goes...

Hello everybody, it's been a few days since we've talked and shame on me for that. This weekend was a little busy for me I guess but I had my friend Jermaine Fowler with me to make sure that everything was okay. Saturday could have gone better for me at the Hyatt but I can't look back... I guess. I'll give it a 6 out of 10 and remember that I'm pretty bias when it comes to my sets. So it could have really been a 4.5, but that's neither here nor there. But, I did get to watch Rory and Ryan rip that bitch to pieces on Saturday so I guess it was worth it to get to watch those guys and not have to pay $5 like everyone else. Now, Sunday on the other hand was beautiful for Tyler. 9:55 is a cool ass club and I generally find it frequented by cool ass folks. I love being back down in Richmond since I don't get to go back down to VCU often. Jermaine rocked it and will be back to terrorize that town very soon and I'm gonna give myself a 8.5-9 on that evening. That's bold of me to say that I crushed so instead a modest(ified) it down. And yeah, that's not a word, but I felt that I needed to create one at that peticular time. Funny thing is that the internet said that I was headlining so I was freakin' out cause I can't entertain for an hour yet. There is a huge difference between talking for a hour and giving a performance that feel is worthy of people's time for an hour. But, luckily when I arrived I was greeted with a quick "sorry the internet was wrong, you're still the feature act." And boy, was I relieved. Feb. 13th- Improv Competition part Duex. The comics from Richmond were cool as always so let me throw out a shout to Odyssey Michaels and Neil Constantine. Both should be at Wiseacres this week, I believe, to rock that open mic and get some work with the Comedy Cartel. Mr. Michaels had a very interesting conversation with me about the website that I own. For those unfamiliar: www.funnynegro.com Don't go there cause it's not done or running, but I do own it. I asked him how he felt cause, well, he's more established than a Tyler Richardson... my worst fears for the name immediately came true. He didn't like it for reasons of professionalism, and possibly setting black back 50 years. Plus, I'm not urban and that name might make other people think differently. So, if you have a recommendation please feel free to send it on down. Feb. 13th- DC Improv(and yeah, this is subliminal messaging) Sat. I'm swingin' by the ol' Ned Divine's to kick some of that ol' funky shizzy. Okay people, I feel drained and unless I think of a second blog for today, see ya laters....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List