Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

I'm a posse

Well hello everyone... It's been a moment and let me start out with something I noticed in 24 the other day. Kal Penn's character is a kid who's father gets taken to a detention camp for nothing other than racial profiling. The problem is that when racist neighbors decide to beat his ass for a terrorist/terrorist's kid, a neighbor steps in to save him. Later, you find out that Kal is indeed a terrorist and the first thing that popped in my mind was "man, this is giving some people a reason to assault Arabic people the next time something horrible happens." Hopefully people will be a little more intelligent than to reference a TV show when getting ready to commit a crime, but you never know these days. I still love the show though. I also love Kal(Kumar) Penn. The man is sexy and nothing can stop that.
I was reading some blogs related to groups of friends and comedy. Let me be brief yet speak for myself. "I personally have no ill feelings towards anyone that is more successful than me in comedy. I root for all of us, and as I've said before, the sooner someone establishes themselves, the sooner people can remember someone else's name. Might not be the best way to put it, but I'm not hating on anyone who's gotten a little/a lot more than me." Jimmy Merritt and Andy Haynes both talked about it in their blogs and made very good points. I myself wished to be a part of the elite, but I guess that is an admittance of not being happy with what I've accomplished over the past year. And I'm sure that we all wish that we could do a little better until we reach our goals. And, then you have to look at people like Jimmy who've just busted their ass all on their own and proved that it really doesn't matter who you associate with but how much you keep pushing and promoting yourself. Maybe a year from now I'll have worked at the places I want(in the area) but for anyone newer than myself, don't be hateful. And don't ever let another comedian hear you bash someone or complain about something you can't really change. You won't change anything and you put yourself out there to be judged. New people really shouldn't burn any bridges and we must all pay our dues. I think part of the thrill of walking into a open mic and being able to get on the list right away, is probably thinking back to when you had to come and maybe you got on(most times you didn't). I wouldn't know cause I'm no superstar, but if you never earn anything then you certainly can't appreciate it the same can you? I always dug Jimmy's blog cause more times than not, he's trying to help people through his blog and make things a little easier on people newer than himself. In my own way I hope that people could read some of my blogs the way that I read his when I started and take something away from it. From my bad experiences, to bringer shows, to unprofessional that never really gets spoken of, and keeping my mouth shut sometimes... And should anyone have a question(and decide to ask a Tyler Richardson, instead of much more established comic) I would be happy to give what answers I can. Cause I still remember the people who were all to happy to answer whatever stupid question I had and I respect that about them.
I'm going to the Reef tonight cause it sounds like all kinds of fun. I really get hard over the thought of something other than a traditional open mic. I dig that Andy had the Scrot(as in scrotum) to get that mutha off the ground and running. And no, I'm not on but this sounds like so much fun to watch how can I resist? Weed will help too, but when does it hurt. Well, I have people talking in my ear now(and reading over my shoulder which I HATE) so I'll get back to ya'll tomorrow and hopefully all will be sexy. Laters....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List