Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Monday, June 09, 2008

I've cried harder.... after "the deed"

The weekend was busy but I guess, overall, fun. Let's have a little run-down:

Friday: Stayed in cause I had to get up early. That night's kind of a blur.... I think anyone that knows me can guess why.

Saturday: Had to race over to Manassas and take driver improvement class. I was a few minutes behind schedule and ended up walking up to the door about 6 minutes late. I was worried that I would get turned around for being late, which means I wasted $60. As I walk through the door the instructor has his back turned to me but looked oddly familiar. I thought "Is that Andy?" as soon as he spun around a giant grin came to my face, Andy Kline was my instructor. Not like he was gonna give, or need to give, me special privileges but it was a HUGE coincidence. It was boring, but that's the point, it's a punishment. I think the best part of it was getting to hear from Andy a lot about life in New York. As much as we all want to believe that "making it" is a step by step process, it was described more like a walk through the forest. Just cause you took a step and there was solid ground, does not mean that you aren't headed for a ditch. I hope that makes sense, but there were incredible things that happened to him and there were things that let you reality check yourself and say "Wow, I thought at that point you'd be on your way to fame". It was cool.

I had tacos which came back to haunt me several times throughout the evening.

The show was fun, I kinda sucked a big one but I'm over that now. Much thanks to John McBride, Hampton, Andy Kline, Bryson Turner, Jon Mumma and Larry Poon. Those guys did great and luckily, the door is open for at least one more show. So, I look forward to the day when I can announce the next show. It will be nice have notice and see how much we can pack that place. I don't think we did bad for one week notice, we sold a little under 60 tickets.... I'll take that.

It is f*ckin' hot outside. I hate the sun. Praises to the wolf.

Yesterday I received this text message, "Come by the house and see the baby", to which I replied "Is this Michelle?". Here's the next one "No, it's Josh".... that's right a man beaming with pride about his newborn son sent that to me. And at the very moment lost his testicles. For shame, but I went cause that's my friend. I was unaware that white children go cross eyed non-stop when they first bust into this mutha. Now I know, it was pretty creepy. I felt like I was playing an old Garafalo stand up special in my mind. Cause while I was made to sit through slide shows and things I really don't like kids. When asked to hold the new baby, which I hoped wouldn't come up, I had an awkward "I'm gonna pass". To make things worse his sister's family stopped by and I realized how much discipline little children need. They let this two year old, who is cool, run all over them. If I were a cousin I wouldn't have thought twice to rip that @ss to pieces. It's not my job to tell someone how to raise their children, but at one point the kid ruined my chances at Rock Band. That was enough, I shouted "Doesn't anyone still believe in spankings anymore?!" everyone agreed they were necessary, but no one spanked the kid. That's about as obvious as a hint is gonna get.


I watched Semi-Pro when I returned home.... not a fan. They dropped the f-bomb a lot... a lot for a Will Ferrell movie. His normal f-count is 0, if I had to guess, I'd say this one was 30.

I had the most painful haircut of my adult life yesterday. I actually cringed cause this guys was using a snow shovel on my neck. At least it felt like it, and he just kept going. I thought at one point I was going to have to stop him, instead I let him finish. And I'm sexy again, kinda looked like a slave for a minute there.

Nothing feels better than casually turning down plans with people, I've been really into that with just about everyone lately.

Eli won't be at the Spy Lounge tonight, so I will run it myself. The dark days have begun, not really. We need to have such a great show that next Monday when he returns every one's says "You missed the mother of all open mics last week Eli. You're a bad luck charm and we don't like your face..." Maybe not the second part but you get what I'm saying.

Tyler S., The Fowlest (Jermaine is moving in less than a month... TRich sad) and I will begin shooting a film called "N*gga Fist". What more can I say, sigh, I'll let you know when we're done. Chris White's got to put that on the main page right?

I've watched more people than I can count pay for their groceries in Food stamps and then get in a nicer car than me. What does that mean?!

See you guys tonight and we'll do this thing again on Poosday.

Laters

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List

Blog Archive