Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Fresh off a cops @$$

Well... I'm back at work now and it feels phenomenal. As always it was too cool being in Richmond and hanging with the comics and staff over at the FunnyBone. Good friends, good laughter, and more importantly there was laughter. There were a few moments of usual TRichardson awkwardness though, here is one of the few pearls that I picked up in the past couple of years. "Thou shalt not besmirch the name of the club you are in if you expect to get work there"- Jesus Christ Why that needs to be said is a mystery to me, but apparently some people can get caught in the moment and let their heart speak before they've really thought through their surroundings. I found myself in the middle of another comic's nightmare last night and while I sympathize, I don't want to be connected to that type of conversation. Especially with how nice everyone has treated me down there. Example:
Angry guy: This place ain't $hit!
Me: huh?
A: I'd rather work at ____!
Me:(eyes darting around) This place is cool man, every one's great

A: Nah man, they ain't kissed the rings yet (I'm improvising but I probably would have laughed had he used that one)

Me: Eventually....

A: F___ that! Look who they pay attention to.

Me: (This was the moment where I kind of shut up cause that sounds like a thought that all comics have but almost none speak... c'mon be real) .... ummm.

A: See what I'm talking about.

Me: I'm gonna go grab a beer.

What's important to see here was that my alcoholism helped me out of a jam. Sometimes I think about what it would be like to stop drinking(though I have calmed down quite a bit), and you know what? It makes me sad, so I don't. Seriously though, I saw the same comic, who was a great guy aside from this stuff, go through one of those nights where he was really looking for something positive in what appeared to be a sea of s__t. Hopefully I'll run into him again soon and he'll be happier. If not for the fact that someone finally paid him his due, than the fact that he's so determined no one can get him down.

Does the fact that Best Buy sells Fritz the Cat bother anyone or seem even remotely wrong. You know they sell Barney less than two aisles away?

I must be the black person in the world that thinks roller skating is crap. I'd much rather go ice skating cause it's cool and peaceful, but I'm getting the impression that we're supposed to want to dance and backflip and things while "we" skate. What type of s___ is that?! Damn Lil Bow Wow and his Roll Bounce...

I actually watched some Late Night talk shows when I got home last night. Here is what I found:
  1. Loved the bearded look on David Letterman


  2. Almost as much as I dug the HOBO beard on Conan


  3. I'm glad that Leno kept it clean, cause that's a lot of beard to cover all that face


  4. Jimmy Kimmel seemed as though the term "improv" was just thrust upon him yesterday


  5. Conan seemed like the funniest one even though he didn't have his writers


  6. Is it necessary to bring up the obvious all the time? Comparison: Comic- "Sorry that joke was new"(or any different way of saying it) Talk Show Host- "______ cause we have no writers"(or any of the one million ways they ALL kept bringing it up)


  7. Going back to number 6, until I get conformation that they aren't saying "Writers" once every two sentences, I can live without you Conan


  8. Anyone notice Chingy was on Leno? Where the ____ did he come from? I know where he/his career went, down the sh___er but I was shocked he's still making songs

By the way, we're gonna call the fat guy in the picture "Benny the fat girl slayer" ..... so.... yep.

Well I guess it's time for me to be hitting the ol' dust trail.... Laters

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List

Blog Archive