Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

The sound of Chaos

If you ever want to see about 2,000 people break into cheers like Barack Obama just won the Presidential election, then come by my headquarters next January when they announce our annual bonus to the masses. Since I watched Braveheart this morning before leaving for work, all I could think about was someone grabbing a chair and chucking out of the window in celebration. Awesome... but I can't help but think of the next naturally funny thing that could come out of that situation. That being, if right after the President announced that, he came back on and said "Unfortunately, we will not be able to give out your PIP(bonus) this year, we're sorry". Cause when that announcement got made, a clown would come out of someone's cubicle with an AK-47 and a fistful of tears, unleashing hell on everyone within bullet range. Oh, can you beat the humor of random clown violence? Nope.

I took a walk in some of this beautiful snow a little while ago, and took a look around for a bit. Sometimes life seems so routine that I don't think we stop and check out how beautiful it is. I think snow has a great way of accentuating the beauty in all of the little things around us. Trees are brought to life, creeks and grass take new form, and the fat woman coming out of her car almost slips on her way into the back of the building(that happened... hilarious). They say that no snowflake is like any other and that makes me concentrate so hard on any one that comes into focus. I want nothing more than to prove that theory wrong, but I know that will never happen. But, the cool thing is that when I give up and finally stop focusing on one flake at a time, I notice that there are a sea of flakes dancing around me. What more could you ask for out of weather that most would call inclement. Who doesn't get filled with memories of childhood when they see a day like today? My favorite snow memory has got to be when I was in the 4th grade. My friend Gatumbi and I were playing over near this giant creek in Alexandria right across from Landmark mall... or what they are calling Landmark Mall. While we were playing I noticed that part of the creek was frozen but not all of it. I wanted to see just how far onto the ice I could go before it broke. Though you don't really want to fall into freezing water, that's the only way to find the answer to the question right? So of course the ice finally broke and I plunged in. Gatumbi didn't help me but instead laughed hysterically because of my blood curdling scream. That S#it was pretty cold if memory serves. As he laughed, standing on ice himself, he went plunging into the water too. We kept trying to get out but the ice kept snapping every time we put an arm up. We eventually got out of the water, but as we walk home our clothes got crystallized and quick. The clothes wouldn't even bend anymore, we just had to wobble like penguins all the way back to my mom's. She made us change and then gave us hot coffee while we thawed and watched TV. Could it be that it was all so simple then? But, that's my favorite memory of snow as a kid.

Wish me luck, acting audition today. $$$$

Laters....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List

Blog Archive