Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Friday, August 01, 2008

Support Local Comedy @ Solly's

August 5th - DC COMEDY FEST PREVIEW SHOW8:30-10:30FreeThe best of DC. Nearly all of the comedians who made it into the DC Comedy Festival perform one last time before their festival appearance.Appearing:Aparna Nancherla, Jon Mumma, Hampton Yount, Kojo Mante, Bryson Turner, Jason Weems, Jay Hastings, John McBrideAnd hosted by Nick Turner

August 7th, 8th & 9th - DC COMEDY FEST PRESENTS "TOP SHELF"7:00-10:30$5The best comedians in the country are coming to DC! Solly's Tavern is the only place to find all of the performers on the same stage including the best DC performers snubbed by the selection committee.Almost four hours of hilarity each night!Hosted by Nick Turner and Jay Hastings with additional help from:Eddie Brill, Rory Scovel, Jared Logan, Kumail, Lisa Fine, Will Hessler, TJ Miller, Brooke Van Poppelen, Sean Crespo, Mike Blejer, Kyle Martin, Jared Stern, Michael Foody, Cassidy Hennehan, Neil Stastny, Mark Normand, Zachary Sims, Seaton Smith, Elon James White, Reese Waters, Brady Novak, Jason Saenz, Rob Maher, Travis Irvine, Eli Sairs, Andy Kline, Myq Kaplan, Tyler Sonnichson, Matt McCarthy, Joselyn Hughes, Brent Sullivan, Baron Vaughn, and many more...Solly's Tavern is located at 11th & U sts. NW

I'll complain about not being one the the 1 MILLION names later.... for now, support all the local comedy you can.

Laters ;)

3 comments:

j.c. said...

Yeah, T-Rich. What's up with the snub?

I love Top Shelf. I really do, and I'll keep going. But it seems like there's just a repeated cycle of names sometimes.

Also because the lineup is almost never what's announced.

You should just ask Nick or something, in case someone drops out. I mean, if you look at the list, all that's left is like, you, me and Atif. (And Larry Poon! Where is Tony in all this commotion?)

Anti-blogger bias?

Tyler Richardson said...

Me thinks it might be because I stink, you're young and Atif... well without a beard he's just a shell. I'm sure Nick would be cool if asked. Ask Justin, I want to see your name on that list. And Bigfoot's but, well, that's just a pipe dream...

j.c. said...

I tried to ask Nick, via the book of Faces and at Solly's, but it was a really awkward answer. I can tell that scheduling the show's really a massive responsibility and probably pretty nerve-racking. I did insist that I do want to impress Nick Turner before he gets out of town and if anything opens on the 20th to consider it and he seemed more comfortable there.

That's a real plus right there. I mean, I do a lot of open mics and it's always just trying out new stuff with no pressure so sometimes I feel like I never really get a chance to show how good I am (cockiness? somewhat), at least to the DC...ers.

But, you. You've been around a while. Stinking or not, the scene has grown accustomed to your stench and the Top Shelf audience deserves to bask in your odor.

(The word verificaton here was "evbkuzgm"...which is particularly ambitious, I think)

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List

Blog Archive