Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Friday, February 03, 2006

February Finally...

Well it's the month that I've been waiting for and I'm very excited. I finally get to go to the Improv showcase. Yet again, my hopes are high for that night but why shouldn't they be. Can't enter a competition with no confidence. That's crazy.
I had the opportunity to talk with Norman Wilkerson at an open mic on Wednesday. It was interesting because he's one of the few people that I consider to extremely funny (at least that I've gotten to see.) Yet he isn't working non-stop and touring all over like I felt he was. For whatever it's worth, blue or not no can hold back the laughter when he's on the stage. Am I kissing his ass you say? Yeah, but I felt as though he deserved it. The open mic at Wiseacres wasn't bad, completely comics but they are people who like to laugh just like audience so I try not to look negatively at that.
I wish I could have gone and supported my buddies at Wise by going to the Hooligans thing on Thursday, but I was laid up sick all day yesterday. I hope it was a great show though. It was Jessica(I'm sorry I don't remember your last name)'s first showcase and I really wanted to come and see her when the audience was paying. I like trying new stuff out at Wiseacres, there's really no other thought in that sentence I just thought you should know that. I do need to get to Soho more often though. How am I supposed to become one of the cool people if they don't even know who I am. So as I investigate further into this, I'll let you know if I succeed, and if so, whether or not I say something to offend anyone and create an awkward silence. Cool table here I come.
I have been writing a lot of clubs and asking for whatever time they can give me and so far not bad. Now that doesn't mean that I got work, because I haven't heard back from anyone. It means that I haven't had someone say "Who the fuck are you?! are you funny? Maybe, what the fuck does maybe mean? I'll get back to you when your cool.(click)" I'm glad that my belittling hasn't taken place yet. Though I know that it's necessary in order to hear a yes. At least I think it is. I got that from Danny Devito, right before he morphed into a unicorn and went back to Narnia. Well that's about it for today but we'll do this again soon okay.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List

Blog Archive