Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Friday, April 14, 2006

So I was in the bum's grasp!.....

I was determined as hell to make it on a stage last night, and I am proud to say "Mission Accomplished". I got lost several times before the show and was late as hell. But I made it and got on the stage, and didn't do half bad while I was up on the MIC. Shout outs to Aparna(hope I spelled that right), Chris Barylick, Marshall Henry, and Hampton(of course I couldn't forget the atheist. And yeah, I am hung up on it Hampton). We held it down in the back last night and I wish I could remember the name of the new asian guy that I talked to for awhile. Sorry, but your probably not reading this anyway, so.....
I leave the hotel after the night is done and get asked by a bum if I have a cigarette. Of course, since I just put the pack in my pocket from freshly lighting one, I couldn't say no. But any time that happens the bum might as well ask me if I have 20 minutes to spare instead. I'm not good at rudely ending conversation so I try to find a polite way out. I wish I was ruder, and more muscular. So he begins to tell me a story trying to encourage me to stick with comedy(even though I never really said I needed an inspirational speech) and that he was a prize fighter a long time ago... 10 minutes later. Then he tells me that he grew up trying to be a gangster and so that means he sold drugs and "took a lot of niggas lives." I put a period on that because he talked about it as though he was the BTK killer. I was troubled, but too high to show it. I was having a little trouble with the fact that these things happen to me way too much and wondering if anyone would give me a way out. Once he confessed to a stranger that he was a killer out on the streets he began to go into more detail. I think he could see my eyes darting all over the place and tell that I was not a killer too. Then it finally happened. After telling me about the drugs that he fell into he brought it all back around by telling me how much talent this area has and what that means for a black kid like me. A hero steps up and gives me a break. It appeared as though this rich looking guy and his hot group of girls were watching us and laughing from across the street. I wondered for how long but didn't speak. Mid-sentence he asked the bum if he was gonna get the crap off his windshield. The car wasn't even brought around yet. The guy looked at me and I bolted away. The bum had finished with me and as soon as the rich guy spoke I was forgotten. Did I mention that he was missing almost all of the teeth on his bottom row. That's a really big deal for me. Really. It's distracting. Well, don't know what I'll do with tonight, but I'm thinking of hitting up the Zig's show(I'll be late) or just spending time with my girlfriend. We'll see how that goes. Ciao babies.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List

Blog Archive