Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Curb your Enthusiasm!!!

I suck lately at blogging on a somewhat steady basis. Two reasons: Splinter Cell(whatever game you want to name cause I've played them all within the last week), and Curb your enthusiasm. I'm gonna quote the words of the famous Mel Brooks, "Something about this middle-aged, bald man is THRILLING!" That shit is so true. I literally watched it from 8 am til' 5 pm today. It's said, but damnitt it's true. Well I finally get to see how the open mics are at Dremos tonight. It's about time too. I've waited a while to get there. I don't know how people that aren't actually working in the area are getting on that list for more than one week, but I hate the taste of penis so I just have to wait. I feel like shit for not going to check out the Finals at the Improv last night. Not just to check out the who's who of the DC area, but to be supportive the way that I would want others to be. For that I apologize. Didn't even get laid last night either, and I have a woman(that's sad).
In case I didn't mention it I'm truly glad to see that JAMES JONES is back in the hizzy. I missed him and it's always good to see another black guy that talks from behind the gates of his gated community, GET IT. And he's funny as hell too. I look forward to seeing him perform the next time that we cross paths. Who knows, maybe he'll be at Dremos tonight and I'll get a treat.
It's sad that this week is my birthday and I feel numb. I'm generally a pretty beaming person for the holidays. And yeah, I count my birthday as a holiday. One that only I celebrate. Just wait til' Christmas time, I'm gonna be off the hinges. You'll see! Sometimes I have to step back and think about the fact that I haven't even been chasing this dream for a year yet. That's for all of us that are so impatient that we get down on ourselves for not accomplishing more. Sure, there are some that do great things right off the bat, like Rory, but then there are others who put a lot of time into it and when it pays off, it's great. I don't think that Jon Mumma just started doing this whole COMEDY thing, so even though I don't know the guy, he deserves it. And everyone else there won the competition at some point and with the exception of the the guy who stomped me, I think they all put in some time. Anyone else that feels low about where your at in this scene, I feel you( at least for right now ) and imagine what will be going through our heads a year from now? Someone will win the Finals next year, right?! Could be one of us. I look forward to that. I speak of the future a lot cause I suck at making new friends, especially when it's awkward and forced. Sometimes I feel like I have to be witty when I meet these other comics otherwise they won't tell their friends how funny I am. That's a shitty way to think but it's true. So I've just kinda stopped tryin'. It's easier for me to speak to the other comics who haven't really gotten anywhere yet and so I look forward to the day when we're the ones who are "cool". If you just judged me, FUCK YOU, but I think that most of you know what I mean. I hope. Here's to the new guys, and don't worry old guys "I'm not hatin' on you!" The sooner you all get famous, the quicker people will remember the new guys names....GET IT. I LOVE EVERYONE, CIAO BABIES!!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List