Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Splinter Cell!

I apologize for denying you part of your routine blogs. I know that when I'm bored I rely on the comic's blogs to eat some time at work. I'm sorry. I haven't really been up to much since we last met but I'm not feeling too funny right now. Allow me to introduce some funny things. Kicking and Screaming(just came On-Demand), my penis( cause it curves way to the left) and the House of 1000 corpses and it's sequel The Devil's Rejects. I know Rob Zombie would be proud of me, but I actually enjoyed those movies quite a bit. The trick is to set your expectations really low. Trust me, you'll love it then. I have a busy week for comedy ahead of me so I don't feel too bad about not getting out as much as I would have like last week. And hopefully by the end of the week I'll feel funny again.
On a different note, I have been harassing the Jokes on Us club in Laurel, MD for at least two months now. Allow me to give you some back story. When I was 18, I entered into what once was their open mic competition and won the first week. This was a long time ago and I can't even recall what I thought was a good set back then. So, the next week when I was scheduled to come back was my 19th birthday. FOUR long years ago. I took the advice of my mother and did a routine involving where I was during 9/11(which was raking leaves on a front house battalion) and it did not go over well. Maybe it was too soon to make jokes about how I didn't care or know anyone involved in the tragedy, and maybe IT JUST WASN'T FUNNY. So of course I bombed, and then something horrible happened. I had been aware that the guy hosting was the Fat Doctor, who's main credit is finding my idol, Martin Lawrence. Of course I wanted to impress him. I did not. As a matter of fact, I did so bad that he made fun of me all the way back to my seat and I never forgot that day. For a long time I was bitter and planned on giving him a piece of my mind if I ever got good enough. Now, I just want the chance to redeem myself and prove that I'm not the same kid that I once was. I call constantly, which is more than once almost every day. When I finally do get a chance with them I'll be sure to let everyone know. That will be a milestone for me. Only because that will finally be a chance to correct what I set wrong so long ago. As it stands now, I still have yet to get in touch with the owner, and so I continue. But that's what comics do right?
I look forward to seeing anyone who will be at Dremos on Wednesday since that will be the first time I've been able to get on the list, and then the week truly gets rolling for me. DCUP show on Saturday, not sure how much they'll let me do but I'm IN THERE! I will be doing this a lot more frequently so don't stop looking for my posts and to those of you that have befriended my on MYSPACE, Thanks! To anyone reading who hasn't, "It's a little embarrassing to only have 30 friends" help a nigga out. Damn. I'll talk to you all later and Ciao Babies!!!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List