Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Did I lose my job or did someone take it from me.

So yesterday I got fired....

I had this job for over two years and was a little shocked when the whole thing went down. My manager was a friend. And I truly believe what he told me, and that he thinks he was doing the best thing for me. He told me to follow my dreams and gave this great speech on focus. I was naturally pissed cause I'd just been fired, but I think he thought he was doing what's best for me. Though we may never speak again( cause he did fire me!) I knew that this day would come. I was hoping that it would be when I was actually a somebody in this area, but it doesn't matter. I've already gone on a couple of interviews that show promise, and aren't invloved in sales. I don't ever want to go back to sales again. And they pay better too. With less hours, it's a win win. Since he was a friend, I'm gonna assume that he'll read this to check on me: "Brian thank you, and though I'm still a little angry I know you think you did what was right, and I can only hope it was so that I don't spend the rest of my life as a salesman". Cause that shit sucks!
Went to Richmond with Jimmy Meritt and John Eick. Thank you both for having me, and I gotta tell you guys that I had a hell of a time. I'm a pretty large geek, though some of you might not know, but those guys shared some interests that made the whole day more fun. We ended up eating at a Little Caesar's that was near my old dorm room. Since we weren't all that hungry we ended up giving a couple slices and some soda away. The funny thing about giving food to a bum is that you have to assume he's a bum first before you offer. So we did, and then he said something along the lines of "Can I have a cigarette to go with this?" I turned and John had taken the Crazy Bread further from him cause we agreed that it was off limits to the recipient. Jimmy and I stood there and then I asked what he said again. I thought he asked if there was more food, what he really said struck me as ironic. I just finished telling Jimmy about how whenever a bum asks me for a cigarette, that's like asking me for 30 mintues of my time. So for the first time, I lied to a bum and LOVED IT.
I had a great time at the 9:55 club and got to try out all-new material(with the exception of the Kwanzaa joke, cause for some reason that one always works even though I'm not a huge fan of it) and it did well. I look forward to going back. Since I only did like 7 min. I enjoyed watching John,Jimmy and the other two showcases that went on Sunday. The audience was great and the show was just as fun to watch as it was to perform for a second.
Along the same lines, my girlfriend took my firing suprisingly well. I'm glad that I'm too committed, and too much of a coward to speak to the blonde girl at the bar who was as fine as they come. I know I made the right decision. Assuming that she was staring at me all night cause she was into me. But she was fine though. Perhaps I will marry my woman, cause it's certainly been long enough. By the way, Good luck and congrats to Jimmy & Leslie, getting married on the 20th of May. That's the day after my birthday, and they're both so nice that I couldn't even ask them for money. No really, I wish you guys the best lives ever, and one day we'll maybe we'll all be sittin' around a table discussing the russian hooker we killed....on accident?! Gotta go, cause being unemployed is busy times, Love ya.
By the way, the new Tool album is the shit! Didn't get the new Pearl Jam album, but I did build a time machine and set it to 1992 so I can go back to when people appreciated them, and they didn't suck.
-CIAO BABIES

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List