Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Pink Cookies in a plastic bag, gettin' crushed by buildings

Just a little reminder for those of you that still have love for James Todd Smith. So, the other day my girlfriend's mother had a bit of a HEART ATTACK. Since I've gone through ALL of the drama that comes with interracial dating, it was a bit weird for me. I have no shame in saying that I hate this woman. I believe that if the shoe were on the other foot, she would let her hatred be known to the world too. The problem is that I'm supposed to be that shoulder to cry on, yet my hatred won't let me say anything that is nice. So I keep my mouth shut. I sympathize for my girl because if my mother were going through this, I would want her to pay me the same respect. It sucks not being able to crack the usual jokes about her, cause I got a million of em'. And make not mistake, I've literally heard this woman call me everything but a child of God.
So, yesterday I made my way to the Topaz bar to get a little bit of stage time. The guy at the parking garage was a dick and made me park my car in the middle of the lane(instead of in the garage) and run and get cash from the ATM, instead of letting me just park and then get the money. Maybe I just appear broke to people on first meeting them? So, I was a smidgen late and wasn't supposed to get any stage time. Out of the goodness of Curt's heart he gave me a little time anyway and I have to thank STEVE DRUMM. Your my hero, you saved me and as I told him, "One day when your on some train tracks, I got you. I don't care what Snidely Whiplash is talking about, I GOT YOU DOG!" It was great though. Even if I didn't get on for a little, it was like the majority of the DC/MD/VA comedy scene was there and for once I felt like I belonged. Everyone is so nice that you can't help but feel great about being a part of this scene. I can't say enough nice things about all of the comics in our area. I even got a brief sensual hug from one Joe Robinson. Don't think I forgot it JOE. I managed to parlay a spot in the Comedy Spot open mic on Sunday(by parlay I mean that Curt asked me if I'd like to do it), and got a little buzz going too. By the way, Rory is an alien. That's just our little secret though(he knows....Maybe). Well, hopefully I'll get the chance to jump on stage a few more times before I open for Kyle Groomes next weekend. I'm really excited about that and since I rarely go to Baltimore, I get to see the sights for a weekend. LOVING IT! Til' later......Ciao Babies.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List