Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'm somebody's somebody




One of the thoughts that cracks me up, is that there is some woman out there wondering "Where is my perfect somebody?" And, unless I spend the rest of my life alone, I'm that guy. I don't know who she is but I pray she's something like me. I think everyone that is grown comes to find out that the whole "opposites attract" thing never actually goes somewhere. It always seems to end up with you walking on them in your room, laughing at your picture, while he's wearing your socks. Somebody out there knows what I'm talking about.... testify.


Today I employed the OfficeSpace mentality, which is just don't care and things will go your way. Damned if it ain't proved itself so far. I got up and hit my sleep button about 13(not an exaggeration) times. It felt heavenly, and then I got up when I was officially 15 minutes late and called with the truth "I just couldn't get up when I heard my alarm go off" and my supervisor completely understood. Now, this isn't an everyday or even every month type thing so maybe that's why she was so understanding, but I'll go ahead and count that as a win or my research. But, it did occur to me that I should sleep longer and just come to work with no traffic instead of leaving as soon as the phone call ended. One funny thing about ever having come home and had to tell your roommate that "I just got F@cking fired!" is that anytime you're home without explanation on a day when you should clearly be at work, you're assumed to be jobless. Kinda sucks, but still a little funny.


Ladies and gentlemen, I will leave you now and either see you in Adams Morgan tonight, or we'll do this tomorrow. By the way, the Spy Lounge open mic will begin right after the holidays when I get my grubby hands on a microphone.... Laters.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List