Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Can I get emotional for a second please?


Nevermind this picture of the joker... though it is beautiful, right? I don't have much for today cause all I did was watch T.V. and fall asleep early last night. But, this Lupe Fiasco song that I had pretty much ignored has become my favorite song now. It is one of the few moments that I actually think of my father that I don't speak to, and haven't spoken to for almost 2 years now...


He Say, She Say

by

Lupe Fiasco


I can't, I won't, I can't, I won't Let you leave

I don't know what you wantYou want more from me?

She said to him"I want you to be a father

He's your little boy and you don't even bother

Like "brother" without the R

And he's starting to harbor

Cool and food for thought But for you he's a starver

Starting to use red markers on his work

His teacher say they know he's much smarter

But he's hurt Used to hand his homework in firstLike he was the classroom starter

Burst to tears Let them know she see us

Now he's fighting in class Got a note last week that say he might not pass

Ask me if his daddy was sick of us Cause you ain't never pick him up

You see what his problem is?He don't know where his poppa is

No positive male role model To play football and build railroad models

It's making a hole you've been digging it

Cause you ain't been kicking it

Since he was old enough to hold bottles

Wasn't supposed to get introduced to that He don't deserve to get used to that

Now I ain't asking you for money or to come back to me

Some days it ain't sunny but it ain't so hard

Just breaks my heart When I try to provide and he say 'Mommy that ain't your job'

To be a man,

I try to make him understand That I'm his number one fan

But its like you booin' from the stands

You know the world is out to get him, so why don't you give him a chance?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List