Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Been a good day already?

Well I guess that it has been for me. In the last 48 hrs. I can say that there hasn't really been any news that's depressed me. I had a blast at the Laughing Lizard Lounge, and last night's open mic at the Comedy Spot was great. There may not have been a huge crowd, but I felt very comfortable and tried to let my routine flow. And true to my goals, I have written a lot in the last week or so and am continuing to do so. I think that I'm starting to look at this more like a business that a fun hobby that I was hoping will make me rich. Gotta earn it, right. And it feels like the more comfortable you are the more people can read that and they just kinda sit back and listen like you were just kickin' it on the block. You KNOW. So I'm feeling good about going to N.Y. for this open casting call. Not that it will matter, BUT IT MATTERS TO ME. And that's what's important. Right?
Well, on a more realistic note, I got good news this morning. I'm gonna be a father! No, but I will be the Master of Ceremonies at the Baltimore Comedy Factory on June 1-3. That was great to hear, because I'll get the opportunity to get in front of paying people and hopefully make them empty their bowels on all of the occasions that I'm able do just that. I gotta tell you, this community of comics is irreplaceable. I have only been out of town a little. But that doesn't matter. I think everyone should give themselves a pat on the back, for being so damn cool. Whether it's someone on the verge of bustin' out or an open mic'er that greener than a blade of grass. All the people that I've met have been great and I enjoy going to shows and talking to all you interesting people just as much as performing. I wouldn't want to come out of any other area. And anyone who travels about the area and sees a good 4-5 shows in different places can see that there is some undeniable talent that will someday have people talking about all the comics running things being from D.C.! Can't wait for that. Well that might just do it for today, cause shortly Tim Miller and I will be hitting the road. I can't imagine how much fun 100 or more comedians can have talking to each other while we freeze outside for a day, but I think that alone will make it worth it. The money involved is something of another matter though. I am cheap. And you better believe it baby. Lastly, Patricia Berrigher. I hope I spelled that right. I apologize for any unkind words that I said. Not because we had some great coming together last night, but because it was childish. In retrospect I took something to heart that was so small I am embarrassed. So if you read this, know that I want us to be on a clean slate. Well folks, I will write back with a very in depth report of my findings in New York and until we meet again, hello...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List

Blog Archive