Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

So to answer your questions....maybe?!

No real point to that headline but it leaves a lot to be assumed right? Right. Well I haven't really done this in a little bit so here goes. I, as usual, have been a little lazy the past week so I really wish that I had gotten out to at least one more stage this week, but who knows maybe Felicitas or something. Haven't done that in a while cause when I did go there, I was treated to the antics of a woman who had alzhiemer's disease as she ran around asking people other than her husband to dance. It's okay to laugh a little. I laughed a lot.
So last night I went to tha Acres' and got to host for the first time their, not a show just the open mic. But should be a show within the next month or so I hope. Don't think I was all that funny but I think I did my best to keep the show going and I realize that hosting doesn't have all that much to do with being funny, so I have no problem with just keeping the show as fluid as possible. I think that maybe some of the new people are gonna be running( but not running) the open mic at Wiseacres now so that, in my opinion will change the atmosphere. I personally think that when they do hand us that responsibility, the show is gonna liven up. New people like myself are excited to do anything and when the time does come I will make it my own if you know what I mean. There is a difference, I think, between someone letting you host their show and someone saying O.K. this is your thing now. Just like you treat a woman differently once she is yours and you've staked her thigh. Domination. If there is anything that I can do to populate the Wiseacres open mic night more I certainly aim to try. Can't hurt to have one more place where you can go and be in front of an audience. So let's get the part where I name drop a lot. Last night was a decent showing as far as comedians bringing people with them. If any of you went on last night and I brutalized your name, I apologize. Zara Axelrod was this really funny new girl that I hope we'll all get to see more of. She was worried about going on after Rob Maher and I told her that was better for her. Then she killed with a sense of humor that I dare call....Daria meets George Carlin. But find her and make your own weird connections. Tim Miller, WELL YOU KNOW TIM. Amir(I wish I could remember, pronounce, or spell this guy's last name.) was so offensive that a 70 year-old-man was willing to waste his last precious moments heckling him. I just laughed and laughed when the old man spoke out cause he just heard one too many fucks and shits and basically said "Alright now, Son of a Bitch, that's enough. You would curse like that on a Wednesday?" He didn't say anything like that but picture him saying that with tears in his eyes, for the English language and how Amir abused it. But he stomached about 6 strong minutes of Fuck and Shit before he snapped. RESPECT! Steve Drumm was hilarious and I look forward to getting to see his act again. And how could I look past George P. Gordon III. The man the myth the legend. And for anyone that knows George, he's putting a room together and so that we can all show our support I'll let everyone know when it is and where. PACK THAT MUTHA. I'm gonna go eat and stuff so be cool babies.

1 comment:

Drumm said...

Hey T, thanks for the kind words....just stumbled onto your blog....keep churning out the goods...us working stiffs need something to keep us from actual doing some work during the day...see you around town...

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List

Blog Archive