Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Well clearly I lied in my last blog but never fear I have stories of my awkward life to share!

Okay so I went to the Friday show at Wiseacres and just watched. It was a decent show and though I don't remember any of the names(cause I was that drunk) I do remember a solid reaction from the crowd. I couldn't wait to get in front of paying crowds more regularly. But guess what, I got offered Saturday night's host and accepted. A problem that I have with being in the state(if you get me) that I was in, is that I don't forget things said to me, they just don't appear very clearly when I try to recall them. Kinda like my car. Which leads us to the villain of the story. I left at about 10:00 and thought everything was fine. Oh how wrong I was. My car's starter needed fixing and I had an appointment to get it done, but that appointment was not soon enough to save me. So I sat out in the parking lot trying to start that piece for almost an hour and a half. When I did get home I was relieved and thought I might have time to get it taken care of the next morning. Wrong. Wouldn't start and so I called out of work and told them I would take care of it. They weren't too upset. Try my car another few times throughout the day to get to a mechanic but that's didn't go too well. So I go upstairs and my girlfriend, who I was stuck in the house with all weekend, wants to watch a movie. We/she decide that Harry Potter whichever the newest one is, would be the best selection. She hadn't seen it; I had. So, after about 13 mins. I fell asleep. When I woke up I remember that I forgot to tell someone that I was having car trouble. I look at the clock and it's like 7:49. I'm thinking(the show doesn't start til' 8:30 so maybe someone there can host(FUCK) hopefully) I think with ADD. So I call someone. When I use the word barrage I might be a tad strong but nonetheless there were curse words to be heard. I think that may have been the smallest I've ever felt. This is why; I am a very punctual person. To the point that if you say you'll meet me at 7 and aren't there at by 7:01, your gonna hear about it. So to fuck up and come across like an irresponsible, late, no goodnick killed me. And amidst the awkwardness of being cursed at like I'm not shit, all I can think is DAMN, I FUCKED UP. I couldn't even say anything and I'm not the type of person who gives excuses so that leaves a huge gap of time before and after someone is yelling at you. Think of a dog when you yell at it. So now I'd missed two things and still hadn't taken care of the car. It's Sunday now. Someone calls around 12ish but I was already asleep. Left disturbing message. Didn't really curse. Just kept repeating a phrase that makes you gasp when you hear it. I was glad that I was asleep for that call. Could've been a lot more awkward. I guess. So on Monday I get my car taken care of. I'm not sure if any of you recall but I was quite happy with my tax return and after I paid everything off and bought some nice things for myself I had a little to stash and wait for the PS3 with. Not true after that car visit. I'm cheap so I was thinking(Please don't be $200 cause that would cut into my weed money.) It was more like $500 and then he told me he'd throw in new brake pads and rotors for $73.... I cut him off there. I simply said "No need, WAY to cheap for that." So Monday sucked. But I had not smoked in days and I did manage to knock that objective out of the park by Monday night. Yeah man. Excuse me. So, if there are any comics that are newer than myself and haven't read through every page of Chucklemonkey.com please believe me when I say that you don't ever want to find yourself in the predicament where your wondering if you've completely burned a bridge with a club. I certainly won't make that mistake again and if anyone learns from my mistake someday then good. I did get this new phone and I've been using the little voice memo thing a lot. I can't remember shit so I have a lot of my new bits and premises in there. But I'm getting ready to start hittin the clubs and open mics with a passion to try and smooth all this material out. Hopefully you guys will like it and I can get one step closet to a strong 30 secs. That was a joke, if you laughed too hard, FUCK YOU. Ciao babies.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List

Blog Archive