Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Friday, March 31, 2006

So yesterday sucked....

I went to Bossa to try and give the D.C. scene a lot more of my attention and what happened, I got lost...thrice. I will spare you all the details but know that I started my journey at about 7:25 trying to be on time and that's where the plans went wrong. First, I found out that if you get off I-95 will lead you to route 1 right before you head to Maryland. Well then if you continue on route 1 takes you to 395 right around the Crystal city area. I read the DIRECTIONS WRONG, and because of that it was now 8:00 and I'd lost all that time I had. So in keeping with my optimistic attitude, I'm thinking okay I can still make it before 8:30. No, that was wrong. Now we all know that driving in the city is very different than driving around VA, but I turn into the worst driver in the world as soon as I get past the Pentagon. Jack moves, speeding, running lights, and nearly hitting at least two or three white pedestrians in the night. I just loose it when in the city and so from now on or at least until I feel more comfortable in the city I shall be using the METRO. God help me. I did manage to find the spot after like 9:20 and then the problem of where to park came to mind. I was a little broke and street parking was non-existent. Then when the valet at a parking garage told me to go to the ATM before I brought the car in I made a decision that God did not want me to perform that night. So I went back home. And though I haven't gone into detail other times, this is like the 4th or 5th time that happened to me recently. Everytime I drive somewhere with directions, regardless of who's reading, I seem to wind up lost. I have an insane work schedule til' Sunday but I am going to try to make it down to the Laughing Lizard Lounge to support my people and I hope that a lot of others will too. That's one of the few places I know how to get to and if it goes away, well let's just not let it go away. I read Jon Mumma's blog daily like everyone else, and may I say that if you haven't read it...DO. I think you'll find yourself smiling when you read through it cause it's just f-in awesome that someone got to meet Brian Regan. I only wish he'd gone into more detail like what cologne he wore or something. I just wanna know, rich people always smell soooo nice. Like money or something. I've decided to audition DCUP so I'll let you know how that goes for me. Not to brag(assuming that not everyone gets in, cause I honestly don't know) but I was excepted into the American Academy of Dramatic Arts when I was a senior in high school. Reason I didn't go: I believe that tuition was around $20,000 a year. Hindsight tells me that I should have done it anyway, but I figured if I was going to pay that I might as well go to college. But I enjoy all aspects of comedy and if I could perform sketches and improv and do well, that would be great. I just like the sound of other people's laughter after I'm done talking, what can I say. And yes the last few sentences might have revolved around my ego and I've made peace with that cause I'm still nothing. Wrestlemania 22 is Sunday night, I only hope that you're prepared for that. Nuff' said. I gotta do some stuff but let me run down some dates for you, cause I'm always too lazy to update. April 16th I'll be at the 955 club. June 1-3 I'll be at the Comedy Factory in Baltimore. June 17 Hyatt in Bethesda(standby), but I'm really on July 29th. That's all I can remember without my calendar or scribble in front of me. I made a friend in NY when I had a bringer show that I've actually kept in contact with. His name....Yoram Bauman. Funny man, funny. Here is a link to see his set and I promise you'll laugh. He goes by "The standup economist." www.standupeconomist.com/clips/bumper.mov Enjoy and I'll talk to you all laters.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List

Blog Archive