Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Monday again... kill me

Well that weekend went by with lightning speed didn't it? BS... I blinked and it was time to prepare my clothes for today. Sadness, but at least this week is easy since I start my new position next Monday.

For any wrestling fans, I'm going to TNA's Destination X on Sunday and looking very forward to it. I haven't really watched wrestling in the past couple of years, but this will be the second pay per view that I've attended except this time I'll be ringside. When Nelson and I went to Summerslam a few years back we were in the nose bleed section, though you could see the 8 feet tall wrestlers very well even up there. Now, we're gonna be right there talking trash and high fivin' 580 lb. men in too small shirts. Expect pictures cause it will be quite a scene. You know you're surrounded by your own whenever you walk in somewhere and people just start shouting "Woooo!"(Ric Flair style)... ah, just makes you feel at home doesn't it. Yeah it does.

I got Beowulf on Friday and can I just say... Amazing. We are all very aware of the story, though some of us never read about him fighting a dragon. Sucked me in, the only true disappointment was that there was no 3D glasses with it. You can tell how great some scenes were when they had them in 3D in the theaters. Maybe Riding with Strangers (my friends and I making stupid videos) will find some respectable way to perform Beowulf for you all ala Be Kind Rewind. Time will tell...

Am I the only single person left without a child.... WTF!?

I know that I didn't blog on Friday about how Thursday night went, so let me just say that I'll be back at the Va Beach Funnybone very soon. So it went very well and the management and staff down there were terrific. The only bad thing about the trip was having to use the bathroom as soon as I parked. There is an abundance of free public parking but then they get you with "No public bathrooms" , and the club wasn't open to the public so I decided to wait rather than sit in the green room for 4 hours... I was a little early. I walked the strip for a while and found that my casual need to go to the bathroom (#1) had turned into a countdown. I spotted a port-a-john... yeah. With phone on my shoulder I stepped in, muted the conversation I was having, then began a very hard experience. You could see everything, to this day I have never pooed in of those things cause you can see everyone else's business. Even though it's 4 or 5 feet (I hope) down, I'm always afraid that splash back from urine will make some hop out onto my jeans or worse... my shoes. And with all that going through my mind I struggled to hold onto my phone cause if it dropped it's lost to me. I wouldn't have cared if it dropped onto my shoe, that phone is dead to me. For those familiar with SuperBad, the cramped space was decorated like Jonah Hill's character went Dick-crazy in there. I counted like 30 of them and feces that had been put on the walls... uncomfortable. Then it was over. And for a Thursday night show with no headliners, the room was almost a capacity so I was very excited. Great time, see you in May Va Beach, dream of me...

For those that didn't receive Curt Shackelford's email, it APPEARS as though he might be done with rooms. I could have read it wrong since I was pretty trashed all weekend, but I believe he said that there are only a few more weeks of booking Topaz/Hyatt since the Hyatt is ending I guess. It's weird to me since I remember when I first started Comedy Spot/Dremos/Topaz/(followed by) Hyatt were all doing so great. Now, only a couple of years later, the scene is dominated by comic run shows. Which is cool, just makes me reminisce about those days. Hopefully something good will pan out and "the man with the silver tie" will find some other room to profit from and stack audience members into so we may rock. What's the DC comedy scene without a little Estrada magic(hope you got that line)?

Okay, I think I'm gonna make this short today and just hope to see as many of you guys as possible tonight at the Spy Lounge. It's gonna be fun, special guest :Jesus Christ?! w/ ultra Ninja kicks and new and improved "Kung fu Grip"... oh S#!t

Laters





No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List

Blog Archive