Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

And the chicken left behind was stew....

Just seemed like a creepy title, if you think about it, it's kind of sad. But that's life. Yesterday I did nothing as usual. But tonight, it should be good fun at the Topaz. Drinks, smokeys, women(maybe 2), comics, it's gonna be a ball.
Tomorrow night it's off on an adventure. I really don't get out much and honestly don't have much interest in clubbing, strip clubs, or bars. Unless there's some comedy going down inside. Strip club comedy has got to pick up more of a fan base. So anyway.... Tomorrow I'm going out with several people to limo ride around and visit club after club. Never done it before but now that I have no girlfriend, I lost the good excuse that came along with her. I used to just tell people that I was doing something with her, which was generally the truth. After a while you get used to saying no. Not that she was controlling, I just like to sit at home. But now whenever someone asks, I realize that I have no reason to say no. So I'm definitely getting out a lot more lately. I'm really just happy to be getting out and on stage a lot more lately. The last week has been good and full of performances. And I guess that's the way that it should be. I felt alive getting up that much in a week. And that's what I've read is average for a comic starting out. I had a few good, and I definitely bombed like Hiroshima at Topaz last week. But, I'm trying to make that right as I continue on my quest of chuckles. I have to say that I think the goal of finding my true voice onstage is not far off. I felt probably the most comfortable I ever had talking on Tuesday at Ned Devine's. Just felt right. Now I just have to capture that on a completely separate occasion to make sure I can control this beast. What good is having a fucking Comanche' Tiger( a.k.a. skills on the mic) if you can't get that bitch to rip somebody's arm off at will. Gotta go, but from now on when I get onstage and scream "Get that bitch Sheeba" you'll know what I mean. Laters......

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List

Blog Archive