Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A Stranger from out of town....

So last night I went to Soho to do a little time. It was good and there wasn't huge audience so it was intimate. You have to admire how I worded that last sentence, I could have just said that there was a small crowd. It started okay and since I was third I got to soak up a few of the chuckles that were on their way home when others took to the stage. I give myself a 7 but there's a lot of bias behind that vote. I could be wrong. Maybe. Let me jump on Andy Haynes nuts for a second. He had a set last night that I enjoyed but there was one bit in peticular that I can't shake. His bit talks about the expressions "The shits about to hit the fan" and "I hate to beat a dead horse". I wrestled with trying to quote him in this blog to let everyone know, but ultimately I think it would only be done justice if you heard it whenever you run into him. I dig it, and I was saying it to myself during my mid-day smoking/go over set that I plan to do tonight break. I'm incredibly jealous and wish that I had thought of the joke. Right on to Andy.
Now about that stranger that I alluded to in the title. I happened to meet a comic from Detroit last night. He was there on a vacation/scope out the scene visit to D.C. He was cool and if he's reading, "What's up." But he criticized our scene and took some things away that bothered me. He had a pretty bad set and there wasn't a lot of audience there. He got upset when the comics weren't laughing and assumed that our cliqu-iness(boy I hope that's a word) was responsible for his laughter. Now while there is some problem with the grouping I think that he blew it out of proportion. He basically belittled our scene but out of respect and the fact that I'm non-confrontational, I played it down. It was interesting, that's really all I can say I guess but I'm under the assumption that if I went to another town I would be the most modest and complimentary person you'd ever seen. Just so that when I left people wouldn't have anything remotely bad to say. I think I speak for anyone that shared more than a moment with him when I say that if he was a guest in my home and he behaved that way, I would stab him. But my home is a little more personal than an open mic. I'm just saying he was a little rude.
Well tonight I'm going to Ned Devine's and hopefully I will rock that mutha. Coming off a good performance can't bring me anything but good juju. We'll do this thing tomorrow and who knows..... Something could happen.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List

Blog Archive