Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

And Tuesdays make everything feel like Friday...

Well here we are in another typical Tuesday. For some reason today was the day that people are reading my blog so I decided to give them something fresh to remember me by. *Also stay tuned this week, cause I'm doing my own version of a war on drugs that will hopefully make you laugh. The video should be ready as of tomorrow but no later than Thursday.* I'm looking forward to going to Richmond tomorrow. I have a lot of friends down there and since I went to VCU I know the campus very well. Little Caesars here I come! I've missed them.
Well, I heard that Rascals is dead. That was just for anyone who hadn't heard. Moving on...

I've been thinking to myself about what would make my comedy better. Can't reach perfection until you see what your doing wrong. One thing that I don't have down at all is what I'm going to call "the mentality of a performer". Stay with me if you will. So, in my mind, I think that when a performer thinks about going onstage it's different than when a normal person does. The performer thinks of themselves as one, thus they don't even have to think of their material cause it's embedded into their system. A person who is performing( like myself ) might have to think about what comes next. Not only that, but I think that when I'm in that zone I'll no longer see myself as a person doing stand-up, but as a comedian. There is a difference; at least to me there is a difference in saying that I "do" stand-up comedy, and I "AM" a stand-up comedian. Not so much a status thing, it's more of a mentality. And since I'm in no rush to achieve greatness, when I call myself a comedian it will be a marker that I set for myself and crossed. Yes, anyone who gets on a stage is a comedian cause they entertained with laughter.(we are assuming the world is perfect and that same person got up and killed) But, for me, being a comedian will come when I feel like I'm always putting forth the best set(no matter how long) I can. No use in being a comedian, if I'm not going to be known as a funny one. I think you'd all agree. So here's to rockin' people's socks off!
Emergence Day is coming. November 12th. Gears of War. If you don't know what that means, then google it.
I'm interested to see what this open mic at the Richmond FunnyBone will be like. I was there when that FunnyBone first got built cause I went to school there. It seemed like a cool open mic, but that was like two years ago and we all know how things can change. Let's just hope they give me a chance. I've been off stage for like 4 days and it feels like I haven't performed in a month. But, oh. Oh, D.C. comedy scene. When I come back I will have genitals dipped in gold... or at least a refreshed attitude that will hopefully help me enjoy myself to the fullest when I hop up onstage. I had sex last week in case I did not mention. That's just a fun little fact.
It's a shame that Rascals closed down, cause I would have liked to Rocky 2 that place. Movie buffs will understand. Even though I was more like Tommy Gunn than Rocky Balboa. But F*ck it, even Tommy Gunn deserves a rematch. IN HELL! Cause he's got AIDS(don't worry about that being too soon, cause he's had AIDS for a while now:) Well, I guess I'll be going and I will write back when I have more juice tomorrow. Peace and love people, and live it up tonight. Halloween only comes once a year. So, take it your bedroom and butt f*ck this holiday like you won't see it again for another year. Remember last time you saw it... you don't.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List

Blog Archive