Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Friday, October 27, 2006

A New Day

Well today is a lot more peaceful and happy day then yesterday. I got over the bitterness of what happened shortly after getting that last blog out of my system and moved on. I wrote a lot last night and it continued into the morning. I'm very excited to share it with everyone....Eventually.
When I think about writing I sometimes battle with originality. Not that I can't think of something original, but that I try so hard to talk about something different that I miss the basics. I would like to be able to tell a story that flows like when the greats do. In my mind I don't think that fame is the reason that people can tell a story and get non-stop laughter. There is proof of it all around this DC/VA/MD scene of comedy. Sometimes you have to touch on a similar topics and if you never allow people to see that you actually live, then your missed something. I see that now and am trying to steer my newer bits in that direction. And then there's the subject of who, exactly, I am. My mother told me that she didn't see any of me in my performance at Rascals. She might be right. We all have routines that we believe help us to succeed. Whether they work or don't, or are illegal, they are what we do to feel confident enough to perform at our top level. I strayed from a lot of things and when my mindset was different so was my delivery. I didn't have one sip of beer(little significance), left my lucky black hat at home(cause Nelson wanted me to match and wear a brown version)(and yes, I have more than one version of the hat at my disposal, I like the Black ONE), and most importantly, I had no weed(huge difference in my chi). I am not proud of these but they are what I do. They are what puts me at ease and hopefully we all have something very similar. Like a lucky pair of draws that are now just a string that goes from the taint almost all the way to your right testicle. You know?.... moving on. I now feel like rather than relying on better improv skills, I'm trying to blend improv and actually writing my material in my natural voice. We'll see. Well, that's all for today and I'm sure that Saw 3 will rock when I see that tonight. Sunday I'm trying to get on Comedy Spots stage to test this mutha out. I gotta make a good tape at something soon. Otherwise, I might have to find out I didn't get in to the DC ComedyFest again this year. And, while I have a video of the Factory, I want something more recent that I feel really sums up my act to date. Later everybody....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List

Blog Archive