Tyler Richardson on Facebook

Just as good as a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Rock this Mutha!

So I'm going to take the arrogant road and say that I had my first victory at the Laughing Lizard. Not like I killed but I was pleased with the reception that I got and a little proud of my new stuff. Previously I gave myself a 1-2 and now I have withdrawn that victory. So the score was 0-3 and now I'm 1-3. Thems odds that I don't be needin'. But I will accept that number for now and watch it change as time goes by. For those that were there on Sat. night, I think it was a good show and the performances seemed to flow and go over pretty well. Yeah the crowd was a little mute but damnit they came, they came. As usual I was told that I was a little soft on the mic. I realize that this is a problem for me, but for some reason I've always gotten comfortable and just started talking like I'm having a conversation. I will fix this problem soon though, just have to keep telling myself to speak up. That'll work.
What would a good blog be without someone stepping on a soapbox for a second. If you are a comedian and you feel the urge to talk about other comedians, you should do it in a place of solitude. Several occasions arose that I've seen this in public and it makes the vibe a little awkward. I don't judge those who judge but it's weird to hear that and try to pick the conversation up with a "so....where the babes at?" That's all I'm saying. And it really makes the insecure boy inside me wonder if people dog me the same way. The man in me says yes, cause that's what people do, we all do it. But, I've accepted that and what can I say...I guess til' someone brings something to your face then you shouldn't let it bother you. So let's not. Let's all share this friendship balloon and ride that bitch like a fat girl that you don't respect. HARD and violent.
I did talk to the two young groupies that were there last week and yet again, I regretted that. Very nice girls but I mainly dealt with the blonde one with the face of a 15 year old. I did not go over there with the intention of hittin' on her. I went over cause she thought I might be able to help her find hash. I couldn't and once I explained that we made meaningless conversation for the next (I don't know but it felt like 45 minutes). Strangers have the weird tendency to spill their horrible stories with people, why? I don't know. But I get it a lot so I'm assuming that other people do. Cause I know that it can't be that I just have one of those faces. Most of the time I have the same expression on my face just so that I can throw people off when I don't care. But when I tell you that this girl lived a drama-action-feel good comedy of the year type life, believe it. Unless she just lies to be cool, this girl was a little messed up and hasn't said no to very much. Very much of anything. Then I made a break out cause my dog was cold and alone waiting for his general to get home. Well, tonight I'm taking it easy and tomorrow it's off to Sterling to check out Rob Maher's new open mic. I'll just be watching for all the other people just there for support. But next week, I'm up in the that bizzy. Later ya'll...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I blog during work to keep from sleeping. Unless people from my job are monitoring this, in which case "I love my job; I have a family". My dog Max is the man too. Other than that I think reading this blog gives a pretty good idea of what I'm about. Red Jell-o, need I say more.

My Blog List

Blog Archive